Paleo Ham Roll Ups2013-01-16
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Entree, Snack
- Recipe Type: Easy Entertaining, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Paleo, Pork
If you are worried about the olive oil dripping out (which I did not find to be a problem), gently rub the olive oil over the top slice of ham with your fingers. By adding the oregano after the olive oil, it binds the ingredients together.
Let this recipe be a jumping off point to creating your own Paleo roll-ups! I’ve rolled turkey with guacamole, or sliced chicken breast with a little spinach, salt and pepper. Dip them in a vinaigrette or mustard. I’ve even placed them on a salad. They make a fabulous quick snack or lunch.
A fun fact about me: I have never been a fan of cold cheese on a sandwich. Taylor, however, has always loved cheese on a sandwich… especially American cheese. I found an ORGANIC American Cheese made by Organic Valley. Awesome, right?! I broke a piece in half and included it in two of the roll-ups I made him one afternoon. He was amazed at the flavor. So if you haven’t completely given up dairy, or you buy organic… using that product will definitely exceed your food memory expectations for American cheese.
- 1/4-1/2 pound thinly sliced ham (I used Boar’s Head)
- kosher dill pickles (I used Boar’s Head Kosher Dill Pickles)
- dried oregano, to taste
- organic olive oil, to taste
- 1. Overlap two slices of ham, and lay them on plate
- 2. Drizzle less than a teaspoon of olive oil over ham, to taste
- 3. Sprinkle ham with oregano, to taste
- 4. Place pickle on edge of ham, and roll
- 5. Sprinkle a pinch of oregano on top
- 6. Enjoy!