Paleo Slow Cooker Carrot Chicken2017-07-10
- Cuisine: Jewish
- Course: Entree
- Recipe Type: Comfort Food, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Paleo, Poultry, Slow Cooked
- Ingredients: Carrots, Chicken, Chicken Thighs, Fresh Ginger, Garlic Cloves, Jalapeno, Mint, Onion
That being said, I am always looking for new inspiration. I am constantly ripping pages out of magazines and newspapers; piling them up for future “test kitchen” runs. Unfortunately, that is where most of those recipes stay: in piles or wedged in folders. Some day I will make a better effort to make one recipe out of my folder collection per week…but that day is probably a ways off. Until then, I will happily share the times I take advantage of my inspiration pile. In this case, it is a recipe from the Washington Post.
This recipe was delicious and healthy on its own, and its unique flavor profiles inspired me to give it a try. There are just a few ingredients, and I tweaked them only slightly by using pickled jalapeño peppers and dried mint instead of fresh herbs because I always have them on hand. Crockpot cooking is the best, and this recipe makes me want to pull it out even in the summer months.
Serve this in a bowl. The broth/juices are worth sopping up with some bread or simply spooning directly into your face. Cauliflower rice would be a great addition beneath to make it even more filling and satisfying. Enjoy!
- 2 pkgs boneless, skinless, chicken thighs, cut in half
- 2 (16 oz) bags of organic carrots, peeled and green tops trimmed
- 2 large white onions, cut into wedges
- 1 tbs pickled jalapeños, diced
- 3 cups organic chicken broth
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbs ginger paste
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 tbs dried mint
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 3 tsp pure sesame oil
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
Please see the above description for instructions