Paleo Baked Eggplant Croutons2013-01-30
- Course: Dressing or Condiment, Side Dish, Snack
- Recipe Type: Easy Entertaining, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegetarian
- Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Eggplant, Olive Oil
I kept the skin on the eggplant, but you may absolutely remove the skin if you don’t like the texture. If you have an eggplant with small seeds you may leave them, but large seeds are extremely bitter and will take away from the roasted eggplant flavor. Also, I seasoned the eggplant with sea salt, ground black pepper and garlic powder. Depending on what dish you would like them to accompany/your palate, feel free to play around with different seasoning combinations!
- 1 medium eggplant, rinsed, cubed, and large seeds removed
- sea salt, ground black pepper, and garlic powder, to taste
- 2 tbs organic olive or coconut oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- 2. Cube eggplant, avoiding/removing areas with large seeds
- 3. Place in large plastic bag, add 2 tablespoons of organic olive oil, seal, and shake to cover eggplant evenly
- 4. Pour onto an aluminum foil or parchment paper-lined roasting pan, season with sea salt, black pepper, and garlic powder
- 5. Bake eggplant for 33-35 minutes, stirring once at the halfway point
- 6. Serve eggplant hot or at room temperature
- 7. Enjoy!