Quaked (Quickly Baked) Sweet Potato Fries2012-12-06
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Side Dish, Snack
- Recipe Type: Comfort Food, Easy Entertaining, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Paleo
- Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Sweet Potato
Historically, Taylor was never a huge fan of sweet potato french fries, but these he will practically inhale before they leave the pan. The addition of a baked sweet potato fry with ANY meal is quick, easy, and delicious. They will go with any style of cuisine. I’ve gone from simple salt and pepper, to diced garlic, to jerk seasoning. This is truly a “choose your own adventure” type of recipe… my favorite.
- 1 sweet potato
- Coconut oil (or olive oil)
- Your choice of seasoning!
- 1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- 2. Rinse and scrub sweet potato well
- 3. Slice potato into thin slices (about a half inch thick)
- 4. If using coconut oil, spoon into a microwavable dish and heat for a few seconds on a LOW power (hopefully you know the strength of your microwave
- 5. Place potato slices in a large ziplock.
- 6. Pour coconut oil into bag and move bag around to coat sweet potato evenly
- 7. Add in seasonings (salt, pepper, cayenne…. anything!) Toss potatoes well to coat.
- 8. Arrange slices on a parchment covered baking dish. It is important not to overcrowd the pan. Use two if necessary.
- 9. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Turn on oven light to keep an eye on them, and USE YOUR NOSE! Depending on how thin the slices, they could cook faster or take more time.
- 10. Enjoy as a garnish or side dish!