Paleo Roasted Cauliflower2013-03-01
- Cuisine: American, Greek
- Course: Side Dish, Snack
- Recipe Type: Comfort Food, Easy Entertaining, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Paleo, Vegetarian
- Ingredients: Cauliflower, Olive Oil
A few months ago, I made my own Greek seasoning containing salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, oregano, basil, rosemary, dried lemon zest, marjoram, fenugreek, and cayenne. You can buy a premade seasoning mix in a grocery store or you can make your own version. I have also used the spice mix on cut up chicken breasts and it worked extremely well. Feel free to use this recipe as a guideline to roasting cauliflower, but use whatever spice combination that suits the flavors of your meal.
For this particular meal, I was pairing the cauliflower with a homemade Greek dip that contained saffron and mint spiced ground lamb. Even though the dip was loaded with fresh veggies, I wanted to create a side dish. This roasted cauliflower took minutes to prepare, and was finished in less than 30 minutes. Perfection. My only wish was that we had leftovers!
- 1 medium cauliflower, rinsed, and cut into florets
- 1-2 tbs organic olive oil
- 1 tbs paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbs greek seasoning (salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, oregano, basil, rosemary, dried lemon zest, marjoram, fenugreek, cayenne)
- 1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees
- 2. Cover a large roasting pan with aluminum foil
- 3. Add cauliflower florets, and sprinkle evenly with olive oil
- 4. Sprinkle cauliflower with remaining seasoning
- 5. Bake 18-20 minutes or until browned and crisp-tender
- 6. Enjoy!