Paleo Ranch Dressing2013-02-16
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Dressing or Condiment
- Recipe Type: Comfort Food, Easy Entertaining, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Paleo, Vegetarian
- Ingredients: Coconut Milk, Paleo Mayo
Even though my palate has matured and I don’t often eat products with a mayonnaise base, I still enjoy the flavors of ranch dressing. After I discovered how easy it was to make Paleo mayonnaise at home, I was eager to try to make my own ranch dressing. For the herb portion of my recipe, I used ideas from Sarah Fragoso’s Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook and a recipe from allrecipes.com to create a ranch flavor similar to my favorite food memories.
The idea of adding a little bit of full-fat coconut milk came from Sarah Fragoso’s cookbook. It not only helped to thin the mayo a little, but also to hydrate the dry herbs that I used. I did not add additional salt because there was already salt in my mayonnaise. You are obviously free to adjust the amounts and variety of herbs to suite your palate, but I was extremely happy with the mix I came up with!
I have already used this Paleo Ranch as a dip for celery and carrot sticks, as an accompaniment with my Paleo Buffalo Chicken Meatballs and Paleo Chicken Nuggets. I hope you enjoy reliving the joys of ranch dressing without all of the additives!
- 1/2 cup paleo mayonnaise
- 1 tbs full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp dried chives
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1. In a medium-sized bowl, add paleo mayo
- 2. Gently stir in coconut milk
- 3. To mayo and coconut milk mixture add the remaining ingredients
- 4. Cover the dressing, and let it sit for a few minutes (either on the counter or in the fridge) so that the flavors can combine, and the dried herbs can rehydrate
- 5. Enjoy!