Paleo Mayo Meets Buffalo Wild Wings Parmesan Garlic Sauce2013-02-16
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Dressing or Condiment
- Recipe Type: Comfort Food, Easy Entertaining, Gluten Free, Vegetarian
- Ingredients: Coconut Milk, Paleo Mayo, Parmigiano-Reggiano
The base of this sauce is my Paleo Mayonnaise. I used a quality parmesan cheese from the deli section that was already finely grated instead of microplaning it myself. You can use whatever parmesan cheese you prefer. I would just make sure the consistency is more like powdery snow than in shreds.
The only thing I would change about this recipe in the future is to make more of it. As is, it only makes a little bit more than one half of a cup. Since I was making it for the first time and only wanted to use it as a dip for my Paleo Chicken Nuggets, I did not want to make too much – a mistake I will remedy in the future! I was wishing I had leftovers to make canned chicken breast into a parmesan garlic chicken salad! I also plan on making a play on Buffalo Wild Wings Parmesan Garlic wings in the near future.
- 1/4 cup paleo mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh parmesan, finely grated
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1. In a medium bowl, add paleo mayonnaise
- 2. Add remaining ingredients and stir gently until well-incorporated
- 3. Let dressing sit for a few minutes either on the counter, or covered and in the fridge so that the herbs can rehydrate
- 4. Enjoy!