Lose The Spice Packet Taco Meat2012-12-13
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Recipe Type: Beef and Bison, Easy Entertaining, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Paleo, Poultry, Protein
Don’t get rid of the fat that runs off the meat! It imparts so much delicious flavor! Especially if you are using a combination of turkey meat, it needs all the extra fat it can get. If you are concerned about the extra calories, simply use a slotted spoon to let some of the juices run off as you serve.
Serve this on a salad, with chips, in tacos, in eggs… you get the idea! Anyway you choose to enjoy it, I recommend also preparing a Quick and Easy Fresh Guacamole!
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 2 packages ground turkey or beef
- 4 tbs chili powder
- 1/2 cup red hot
- 2 cups salsa (I use Tostitos medium salsa)
- 1. Heat oil on med/med-high heat in a nonstick pan
- 2. Add both packages of meat into oiled pan
- 3. Cook meat all the way through, breaking up meat into small pieces as it cooks
- 4. Add chili powder, red hot, salsa, stir well
- 5. Enjoy!