Paleo Chicken with Chipotle-Pomegranate Sauce2012-12-07
- Course: Entree
- Recipe Type: Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Paleo, Poultry, Protein
- Ingredients: Balsamic Vinegar, Chicken, Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce, Coconut Oil, Pomegranate Juice
Note for Paleo enthusiasts: you can do a number of delicious sides with this dish. Cauliflower Rice would certainly be a quick and easy accompaniment that would enjoy soaking in the drizzled sauce. When I discovered the recipe, it was shown with quinoa and peas. I made it that way once, but I think you could achieve that quinoa and peas mix with cauliflower rice and peas. The quinoa was boiled in chicken broth, so the cauliflower and peas could be salted with touch of chicken broth. Really, any greens or squash would be a yummy side, or why not toss on top of a leafy salad?
Another note: I doubled the ingredients for the chipotle sauce, it just takes twice as long for the sauce to reduce.
- 1 package boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup 100% pomegranate juice
- 1 tbs minced chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Optional side: Frozen organic peas with cauliflower rice (or quinoa)
- 1. Rinse chicken, pat dry, and cut into small pieces (if desired)
- 2. Heat coconut oil in nonstick skillet on medium/medium-high heat (depending on your stove)
- 3. Add chicken in skillet and brown on both sides
- 4. Reduce heat and cover skillet and cook for another 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through
- 5. In a small saucepan, mix pomegranate juice, chilis, chili powder, cumin, mustard powder
- 6. Simmer uncovered until sauce reduces about 10 minutes
- 7. Add sauce to chicken, simmer for another few minutes to incorporate flavors
- 8. Serve chicken with butternut squash, cauliflower rice and peas, or quinoa and peas
- 9. Enjoy!